Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Remembering to be grateful.....

I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband, children, grandchildren and friends!When I was a young wife, very young..... I always dreamed of being a MOM to at least 3 children, at least one of each sex, have a nice home, with two cars in the garage. This harkens back to the early days in Sharon, living without spare vehicles I think???. I certainly would never have guessed that life would lead me where it has ....all those many years ago...when I used to walk up to the West hill in Sharon, and sit on the hill above Sacred Heart School in the early evening hours and look at the twinkling lights of my little world. That is the stuff dreams are made of, so hope to have more dreams to dream and achieve. I have over the years come to realize how fortunate I really am. I've enjoyed every adventure, my husband and children have drug me to/through! I never thought to be able to leave Pennsylvania, much less been to 4 continents!I may still get to Australia, we have certainly met enough Aussies here. I have enjoyed doing things for others, from helping to start the Children't Christmas tree project in Jacksonville....and the Celebration of Lights in Pampa, Texas.And most recently getting books for an African library.(I love Oprah, and sure wish she'd send me a box!) My friends, acquaintances and family have all helped with my projects over the years.These have certainly been more successful than I dared to hope for. I still hope that God has more for me to do. I will certainly look forward to doing some Stateside projects when we return home next May. At present I have no idea where we will end up when we return, just know that its all in someone else's hands! Again lucky me....not to have to worry about what the future may hold, just sit back and enjoy the ride! And I really can't think of anything much better than that. At this stage in my life, I can be proud of my childrens accomplishments, enjoy the antics of the much younger grandchildren...laugh at the good times and be happy about still being in love "after all these years"! Coming up on 34 years..... who knew that we could make it through it all. I must be nostalgic, think all the upcoming grandbaby talk is making me think back to my young married days. Not that I would want to go back, but time sure seems to have flown by, while I wasn't watching. Maybe that is why I enjoy scrapbooking so much, to recapture and remember those good times. I am teaching a scrap class tomorrow in a town about 45 min. away.... with much younger woman. Hope they can appreciate and enjoy all that they have ahead of them ....as much as I did.

1 comment:

Lauren The Artist said...

I hope you have a blast at the scrapbooking class. I hope they do not all bring rulers & exacto knives in lieu of a paper cutter. ~jen~