Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Neighbors house burgled last night.....
The burglaries in our area seem to be coming more frequently. The girl who has a scrap store in her house...was burgled on Friday night...along with three others, all in about 3 blocks of our home. Then last night the next door neighbor's home...was entered.They got over the "spikes" on the brick wall totally surrounding our property,past the locked perimeter gates, then entered the neighbors veranda...after slicing through the plastic blinds, which provide shelter from wind on her back veranda. They managed to unplug the stereo on veranda, raid the fridge they keep for guests who stay in their b and B, then the security alarm went off....so the burglar/s ran, the security company came...noticed a guy down by the corner...when they gave chase...he dropped the bag of goodies he was carrying...and got away.The bag contained outdoor lamp components...outdoor lights!Now why you 'd steal those...including the big light bulbs...I have no idea.But hope we have an uneventful night tonight. This occured about 3:15 AM. So really need a good night's rest. I have things to do in the morning. I'm hoping to sew on Baltimore block no 8 tomorrow.It is partially completed...but loads of hand applique.Took photos of the completed ones ...but I am already locked in my bedroom...without camera cables.
- ► 2010 (15)
- ► 2009 (45)
- ► 2008 (53)
- Nothing exciting...which can be a very good thing!...
- ANother Day in my world!!!!!!
- Neighbors house burgled last night.....
- Lights out in South Africa
- More of the same....Quilts!
- My UFO's and MIP's.....
- Remembering to be grateful.....
- I wish I could tell you......
- An encounter of the too close kind!
- Some local sights I love in South Africa
- Its just the way it is!
- Maybe the best diet in the world????
- Me and Shaka....Zulu look alike in front of the El...
- trying to catch up on sharing photos...old and new...
- Baby its cold outside!
- Baboons by the roadside....
- cold nights, no electricity and going to the DOGS....
- INAUGURAL POSTING
- ▼ August (18)