When we returned to South Africa, my husband had a meeting in Durban, which is located in Kwazulu Natal area of South Africa. It is also where Zulus lived in the old days of Tribal seperation. They still speak Zulu in that area...as it is one of the 11...yes ....11 Official languages of South Africa!In the Eastern Cape where we live, the locals speak mostly Xhosa, a beautiful language full of clicks and throat clicks. I enjoy hearing it...though I only recognise an occasional word. This guy dresses up like Shaka, for the tourists. I was happy to have my photo taken with him. But across the street was the most wonderful street market where I got some fabulous carved things...a couple of very cool masks...and a carved table. I love Zulu land...they have the best carvings in South Africa....maybe better than the Cape Town markets. Bob and I went to the market....then Jayne, my friend from the UK(England) went with me. We bought several cool treasures to ship home....unfortunately I have to ship by container...and it is growing all the time! Just hope I can fit all this stuff in.
- ► 2010 (15)
- ► 2009 (45)
- ► 2008 (53)
- Nothing exciting...which can be a very good thing!...
- ANother Day in my world!!!!!!
- Neighbors house burgled last night.....
- Lights out in South Africa
- More of the same....Quilts!
- My UFO's and MIP's.....
- Remembering to be grateful.....
- I wish I could tell you......
- An encounter of the too close kind!
- Some local sights I love in South Africa
- Its just the way it is!
- Maybe the best diet in the world????
- Me and Shaka....Zulu look alike in front of the El...
- trying to catch up on sharing photos...old and new...
- Baby its cold outside!
- Baboons by the roadside....
- cold nights, no electricity and going to the DOGS....
- INAUGURAL POSTING
- ▼ August (18)