Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I hate unsewing.....


Since we are on the subject, I hate unsewing. I save odd bits of things I probably shouldn't, because I might be able to use it somewhere else. I was moaning about all the navy quilts I have made lately. Thanks to the kind remarks about the completed ones. August's photos were of my personal favorites so far! Yes, yesterdays quilt is mine...made from the afforementioned scraps. Not only did I have many leftover navy white half squares from a donated Shoo Fly quilt....but couldn't bare to do more shoo fly...so I sewed across the half squares....right side down on gold...then cut these apart...to make 1/4 of a pinwheel block. I then sewed these together with the leftover sashing strips of the first quilt I pieced that the handquilter sewed for me....the one that was stolen by burglars ...when we had been in South AFrica for about one year! Very sad indeed....but it is keeping someone warm somewhere...SO ALL is well will my soul! If you notice the corner blocks on yesterdays post....those were the same constructed 1/4 pinwheel blocks sewed together incorrectly....yes I only noticed after I had string pieced them all together ...... so as I really hate to unsew anything...used them that way ...in the corners! Now ....maybe its just me..... But I truly live by the motto.... "if someone doesn't see the mistake ....driving past my bedroom window ..... at 35 miles per hour....I refuse to rip it out! I am a quantity over Quality kind of girl. Remember I had given away every previous quilt I had ever made.... so the only way I can get any quilts is to make them ......and KEEP them. That said, I have enjoyed trying new takes on old scrappy quilts. The problem here is that mine all seem to be made in NAVY!!!! I did raid some friends fabric stash...to make a truly scrappy quilt... and it is in golds/ reds, yellows.... and all hand appliqued center. But didn't take a photo of the quilt before I sent it home with the hand quilter, Noluthando. I am putting another photo of her....to this post. It was taken of her sewing on my "stolen" NAVY quilt. I did love that quilt. She is more than my hand quilter. ... as I also employ her to clean for me, 2 mornings a week. The only thing here is that although she does some jobs very well.....she pretty much cleans what she wants....not necessarily what I want her to clean??? If that makes sense to you. I have tried lists....asking her to do certain things...showing her what I want. Nothing seems to go right! But I am thankful that She does LIKE to clean the kitchen floor tiles...and likes to iron..(which I hate) Of course she only irons what she feels like that day...on Tuesday she left the house for the day...and left a pair of my husbands trousers hanging on the ironing board.....UNIRONED....so she pretty much calls the shots. But I am not complaining...since she does dust...and she LOVES to wash windows??????? How crazy is that...but she never dusts cobwebs from ceiling or the ceiling fans...not if written down...or asked to????? My friends say that some of the children are carried on their mothers backs for so long that is affects their vision!In that they don't actually notice things above eye level. I wonder if that isn't true...because she does work very hard......JUST NOT DOING THE THINGS I WANT HER TO DO! She loves to dry dishes...even dishes I washed the night before and left in the drainer overnight. IT is TOO FUNNY sometimes! But there you go.

No comments: