Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Friday, October 26, 2007

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...Leaving on a jet plane.....



Hard to believe that the time has gone so quickly but it has!So my bags are packed...maybe a little too much so...nervous about being overweight....the BAGS that is! So have started doing the "traditional" unpacking... Do I really need that? Can I live with only 2 pair of underwear till I can buy new???? How many pairs of socks do I have to take? Does my mother really deserve this souvenir???? All legitimate questions.And the answers could determine being under/or overweight.....The bags of course. I actually have packed up all pieced quilt tops and the finished queensized one that is hand quilted and done.....don't want any more to go "missing" and it is almost Christmas "shopping" season here...what we half heartedly refer to, when things go "missing" during the Holiday season....could be the wash from the line....or the hose pipe...or MY water sprinkler...or MY chairs to my patio set. They all disappeared during the Festive season...Hence "Christmas shopping!" Speaking of Christmas season....its so different here.... I can tell you from my own experience, that as I walked through the Mall in East London...with a friend during my first November in the country....I asked her, " Jean....when do the Christmas sales start here?" She very politley said, "Why my dear, they start AFTER Christmas of course!!!" I was HORRIFIED!!!!NO SALES....NO THANKSGIVING FLYERS TO MULL OVER.... NO SALES OF ANY KIND!!!!In fact it was only during the actual season...I realized they have very little MUSIC playing, NOT a lot of LIGHTS or DECORATIONS in the stores. BUt we do get people with a sense of Humor about the whole thing. As in the attached photos of the checkers at the Pik n Pay supermarket, in their blue Santa hats.....Or the street vendor sellng ??? in his Santa hat. But the best may be the South African Baywatch in his santa hat...talking to his girlfriend, quite a ways from the beach...but maybe he was on break. I have to admit...very refreshing in some ways to not be caught up in all the hoopla...but it is all about going to the beach. In fact some here believe they will have good luck if they make their way to the beach...Christmas day...or New Year's. NOT DAYS I want to be at the beach. This "baywatch" photo was taken on Christmas day..of last year...just outside of Ballito...a beautiful place, with several restaurants ...one of which we had Christmas Day dinner at. IT is CRAZY, but the restaurants here are open...and you book your dinner...there....especially if you don't have family coming. I must admit...some of the food was wonderful...but sometimes...not so good. We haven't made reservations yet this year for Christmas dinner...Think we are going to Nelspruit...for the Holidays...but not thought about the rest. I leave for the US on Sunday....for a visit....and am planning several things to work on. Will have pics taken...soon of what I've just finished..and get posted soon. Enjoy your weekend. Colleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good journey home! Love the Santa hat pictures!

Libby said...

Have a great trip . . . don't fret too much over (suitcase) weight - except remembering you may have to carry the bags *yikes*