Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Friday, July 10, 2009

The 4th, more redneck pool shots...and family fun.



Well, Happy Belated 4th to everyone. We had all the kids and the grands..and what fun. We even enjoyed phone calls from our special Italian exchange student, Francesco. It was fun hearing from our UK buddies and texts from South Africa. It really is a smaller world we live in. June and July saw many family members birthdays...so we had to have cake...and a cookie cake...er...well ....lets just say the kids "really got into it!" And leave it at that.












Now the redneck Pool was a huge hit. All of the kids and babies loved it! Even most of the grownups made a dip or two. The Princess and Wee One, had their own little paddling pool...but seemed to enjoy being in the big pool too. While we had the kids all here...we went through some of the many stored things of our grown up kids...and DS2 found some of his swimming medals.... Michael Phelps.... probably looked like this after the last Olympics... the kids were sure impressed with the medals... and now they are no longer at my house....more room for fabric!










Since it was the fourth of July... we had sparklers and glow sticks.... I even found these very cool glow stick balls that the dads put together quick quick. And because I don't want anyone to get in trouble...but a certain Aunt and Uncle.... set off some pretty awesome fireworks.... and sparklers and charcoal snakes. We ate and grilled and sat out on the deck every night until quite late. The fireflies were fun for the kids to try and catch. WE even managed a couple of games of horse shoes! It is the best 4th I have had in years. And all thanks to my family. I did manage to do a few quilts... this week after all the company left

The pictures don't do them justice...but they were both lovely quilts. I also completed a sweet baby quilt for one of these gals..but the photo is way out of focus... I have that affect on many things. Hope you all had a great weekend. I am off to a visit a new quilt group... tomorrow.... new to me...hope they show some pretty things.

6 comments:

Micki said...

The pool did look like it waw a success and the quilts are lovely!
Micki

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Loved looking at your pics of Jen and her family!! Looks like you guys had a great time. :)
Hugs!!!
dawn

Lauren The Artist said...

Super fun! It should be an annual event.

Libby said...

Oh how fun it all looks . . . . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that sparklers are allowed in our new home *s*

Needled Mom said...

The pool does look like it was a great joy for many. The fireworks looked like such fun as well. It sounds like it was a wonderful visit.

Hope the new quilt group will be a great adventure. Your quilts are lovely.

Karan said...

Looks like they had loads of fun in the water (& with the cake! LOL). Gorgeous quilts. :0)