Ok, had to share the photo of the African Vine quilt.... it now has a binding.... shame. I hunted all over the house...then in the studio..went through all of my fabric, just couldn't find that binding fabric, then began checking the less likely places... the laundry room with the Christmas stuff, the winter clothes storage, the oven!!! That is an inside joke with The Professor! *s* But couldn't find it anywhere, so i decided to put away the laundry, yep, there staring me in the face in the Linen closet... with the towels no less....not only the fabric for the African quilt binding...but two more UFO's. I swear they are multiplying! I can't have that many things still going. I have now finished, complete with bindings.....4 things! Most were small, but a few were larger.... and just finished machine quilting the string quilt.... think I am going to do a darker thin blue border...since I am way too lazy at this point to piece a border...though I do think that would look good. So that is number 5..... almost done. But since I did find a few more....think my target number should also reflect an increase. I had been shooting for 7, but hey there are some Christmas things which need working on...so maybe should stay with 7, it is almost October! With October, comes Autumn...the real deal with changing leaves, so I have decided I have to finish the Halloween Little thing...which is really in the fabric collected stage.... and not great stuff, no new fabrics purchased...all from the studio. I have decided that I will not move fabric, in fabric form, when we move, but rather will be happy to transport flimsy's or finished quilts. Not sure I can keep that resolve, but maybe that will motivate me to finish these things up. I have almost finished a little Christmas cheater panel.... that had to be for practice on my machine...and though I did buy it when my youngest was in 5th grade.... that makes it ALMOST my longest UFO. He is married with Children... so over 13 years ago! I also decided to follow Libby's example...and make up the professor some bread. I do it once in awhile..but thought I would actually IMMORTALIZE the event. It is just some kind of sort of wheat with grains added ...but we did eat the whole other loaf, the first night. Almost finished off the second. Now this is a close up of the string quilt, I decided that since it was for me...to make it a bit of a sampler.... and tried dwirling in the white border... then did free hand flowers in the center... and some wonky feather/swirls in the outer border.
I also painted my Bathroom.... over the weekend. It feels like I didn't have a weekend! Another week down...and several more to go. Hope you all had a great one.