Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Sunday, September 7, 2008






























I have decided to take up the UFO challenge from Finn's blog http://finnleah.blogspot.com/ and this weekend decided to start on a few simple ones. The first was made from these little orphan pieces.... I did use the seaming accurate, http://reannalilydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-finally-here-seamingly-accurate.html and my accuracy has improved. I put it together...into a new configuration... and made this little quilt. Then of course that got loaded on my new longarm..and quilted. The front turned out great for free hand quilting. But not sorted the little pokies that come up... I did adjust a bit...and they finally went away. But still not feeling too confident about the back. Don't know if any of you have suggestions but I am open to trying them .Now this being the weekend, and I am married to a college boy, living in a college town, we decided to brave the Mississippi State Ball game! What a trip, I guess the last time I was at a college game, I was about the age of most of the college kids going there. That has changed the past 30 something years...but I sure don't remember the kids dressing the way they do now? Most of the girls were wearing little sundresses, and the boys, many of them were wearing dress shorts or trousers. They didn't sit down except when halftime came, and lots of cups of drink were thrown every time MSU scored. We deliberately sat at the back of the student section, (I actually had to sneak into that section since my ticket was non student!) in order to minimize being hit by the projectiles! Must admit...at 3.00 for water...and small soda, don't know how they could afford to throw drinks. Back in the Professor's undergrad days... they threw toilet paper, maybe that is too expensive now too!!! MSU had some very serious tailgating going on, before and during the game. They also had RULES for the game, as in no smoking, no coolers, no umbrellas, and NO ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS! This certainly wasn't enforced, there were more cowbells than I could see...... and they sure made noise! We walked from our house to the game, about 3 miles I think...but it was worth it, not to have to fight the traffic leaving the parking areas. I was so tired when we got home.... I curled up to watch tv..and woke up about 6:30 AM, the professor did too. We are just too old for all that excitement I guess. It was a night game...so maybe that is why we were so tired. Hope you all had a great weekend. Will post pics of the latest ufo's. Have one more almost finished and bound. Good thing these are little UFO's. Not near so intimidating!!!!

8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love you quilt it looks fantastic...I have also joined Finns Challenge..

Midlife Mom said...

I have so many UFO's it is pathetic. I should check out the challenge and get myself in gear and get some finished up! I love your long arm! I would love to have one but don't really have a place to put one. Have been reading down through your posts and enjoying them. This must be quite a change from South Africa. Happy sewing!

Lauren The Artist said...

I'm glad you're liking the Seamingly Accurate. The game looks fun. ~jen~

QuiltingFitzy said...

Not sure how you found me...but thanks for the comment on my blog.

OMG, I love yours! I have lots of catching up to do. I'll be back soon, I'll go set that bookmark right away.

Have fun with Finn's challenge. She's a real sweetie.

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilt is darling. Welcome to Finn's challenge. I am in it too.

Train Wreck said...

You QUILT! That is great! I treid...once, my seems did not match up! And I had to take it to get the front put on the back! I had no idea what I was doing! So Hats off to you! yours are beautiful!! Nice to meet you! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!

Eileen said...

I hink your quilt looks great. Love the colors. I'll have to check out Finn's.. I have not been there yet.

I left a badge for you on my blog.. you can come by and grab it anytime. :-) No obligations to this one either.. so it's nice!

ROXY said...

Oh i just love the colors in this quilt! So cheery! Glad you liked my wrist worms:) Thanks for visiting today and I hope to see you soon!