Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Traditional Xhosa Costume.....




Ok, figured out how to use the card reader I got for the old camera....must have stuffed those cords for the old digital camera in something.....that is not here! So resorted to a card reader which my dear sisters' husband gave me.....a nifty thing for someone who has more than one camera and no cords! This is the traditional Xhosa costume I had made here. the black is all sewed on in ind. strips, then there is some beading on it as well. Unfortunately I didn't have the cool beaded hat...(it was inside missing luggage...and the matching shawl...and handbag. All pretty cool...so I tied on the funky hat...the way some of the "locals" do theirs. It worked. I think it is pretty cool...and when I come home for good...hoping to display it on a mannequin in my South African room. I am also hoping to post a photo of my current quilt project being done at the hand quilters soon. I am still recuperating from my travel...then putting up the Christmas lights in my garden...for a Rotary fundraiser in our garden tonight. So been too busy.....had actually forgotten I dropped my sewing machine off for servicing. Only noticed today when I walked into the office briefly! That is when you know you are too busy....so no sewing in several days. But have started planning....for Daughter's under the sea baby quilt...as per her request. Can't wait to start it.

7 comments:

Libby said...

What as wonderful costume . . . a lot of work in all those strips. Are you sure you can limit yourself to one room for you display? *s*

Lauren The Artist said...

I have an honest question- Are there any white Xhosa people? And yeh, great costume!

~jen~

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love the costume and yes, I am still here reading after your absence. So pleased you travelled safely and what a great excuse for clothes shopping! Tracey

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it back home safely, Colleen. Greetings to Bob. Maybe we can arrange to get together when you return to the states.

Joyce said...

What a cool costume. It will be a great souvenier.

mc said...

Glad to see you are back safe and sound.Looking good in your costume.
Have a happy Christmas and New Year.

Tyreese Nelson said...

Great reading thiss