Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Sunday, August 29, 2010

A FINISH..... finally to share.















Finally finished the quilt started before the accident. A gorgeous applique quilt by Martha Dubard of Louisville, Mississippi. I adored this quilt. She calls it Mama's Garden as it reminded her of her mom's garden of many years ago. I did McTavishing behind all the applique. It turned out very well.I know that these photos were taken before I completed the outside border... I can't figure out where I hid the finished ones on the computer.... hmmmmm. No telling. I am also sharing a few other photos of finished quilts for others from before the accident as well. A grandmothers flower garden, and a darling Sudoku quilt. She wanted the numbers from the puzzle on the quilt to complete the theme. I loved her fabrics too. Most are from guild members from Louisville...as I had several to do for them. I also have just about completed another one for a gal. It is going into the Pine Belt quilt show...for the Log cabin challenge. Will post that one next time. No pictures. I think it is a very pretty quilt.


And how could I not share this silly photo of the wonderful rascal who has been stealing all the bird seed, he has even pried open the 5 gallon pail with all the seed inside...and emptied it! Quite the scavenger , he is. I am hoping to finish the other quilt on the machine tomorrow. Only quilting about an hour a day... so it is slow going. Have a great couple of days.

7 comments:

ozjane said...

lovely quilts. I love the bright colors in the last one.
Lovely quilting.

Jane said...

So glad to see you are back to the quilting, it must feel so good after so long. The appliqued quilt is beautiful

Cindi said...

All three of your quilts are lovely. After my first attempt at applique, I am always in awe of quilts totally appliqued as yours is. The quilting is perfect. Really shows off the applique. And the colors in the sudoku quilt are gorgeous!! Very fall-like.

Needled Mom said...

That Mama Garden quilt is gorgeous! I have always loved the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern and this quilt really does justice to it. Clever idea to put the Soduko numbers on the last one!!!

We have one of those pesky critters here too. It used to tip the lidded can of cat food and get into it. I got a screw on lid and dang if he didn't figure that one out too. Now I screw the lid on so tight that I can hardly get it off.

Libby said...

Beautiful quilts only enhanced by your quilting *S*

Micki said...

I love your quilts, and no raccoons around here,but yours is so cute.
Micki

Karan said...

So sorry that you're healing slowly but glad that it isn't stopping you from finishing more fabulous quilts. Lovely family pics too. :0)