Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Special thanks to all our Veterans...




Just a quick aside. How thankful and appreciative I am of all the Veterans, current and past and their families who share in the service of our Country. We are so fortunate that they are prepared to serve for us. It isn't easy for the Veteran or their families with seperations and training, but I am so thankful they do it with honor and dignity. Thank you to each of them. About this time a few
years ago...myself and some Rotary Anns ( The ladies Auxiliary for Rotary) hosted some local elderly folks for a tea. The funny part was that some of the Rotary Ann volunteers were older than those being hosted for the tea. Such a lovely group of ladies..... I still think of them often. These are a few photos of the tea held in the Rotary Hall. These lovely little children dressed in their Indian costumes danced for part of the entertainment. They were well received as you can imagine.


Then these darling little school children who accompanied their teachers on pay day to the grocery store. They loved getting their picture taken.

3 comments:

Micki said...

Yes,we have many veterans we have to honour. I loed the post!
Micki

Karan said...

We saw the gatherings at the memorials in the villages on rememberance Sunday & watched on TV the big parade & wreath laying in London - always makes me tearful.
Lovely pics & memories, as always. :0)

Cheryl said...

A wonderful post with beautiful pictures....so grate to all our veterans past and present.