Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Football is in the air, and the rest of my crazy week...















The Professor ..... totally wet from downpour at the game
I was hoping my mascara hadn't run everywhere.Since my eyes are closed... guess it had already run off me!



Ok, it was definitely football this past weekend. I love college football, there were so many good games to see this past weekend. The professor and I went to a Mississippi STate game, and the traffic was the worst. It was backed up for miles coming into the stadium. It took me longer to drive to the parking area, than it took us to walk to the campus last year. I will have to rethink whether to drive or walk in for the future. Anyway, we got to our seats on the upper deck...just in time to enjoy the downpour, that actually delayed the game by 30 min. Yes they announced that there was lightning within 3 miles of the stadium so they took the players off the field for their safety..but left a stadium full of people with no where to go... and it took us 15 min. of delay to get down to the covered area, so many people were standing in the only dry area. Now this heavy downpour left me with not 1 inch of dry ..... anywhere. So I made the best of it. The Professor and I were soaked, but enjoyed the first 2 quarters....when it started to rain again... I told him my school spirit was gone..with the sunshine...and he graciously took me home....where we watched even more football. It was a great day for the family alma maters.... Oklahoma State , Louisiana State, Texas A&M, MSU,Texas TEch all were winners this week. HAd to post a few photos of the wet us at the football game. I also finished a raffle quilt for the cancer society. It was appliqued by my guild members, then quilted
by me. I also finished several customer quilts, this darling blue and yellow one, was so bright and cheerful. And the black and beige one is so pretty up close. The photo doesn't do it justice I am afraid. I have been busy with a few more customer quilts, trying to get things finished as I have an upcoming visit...so will be away from the quilting studio. That plus I am afraid I will get buried the closer we get to Christmas holidays. I have almost finished another raffle

quilt for my sil and the Rakasaans out of Ft. Campbell, and he asked me last week to do a raffle quilt for him. I loaded it this afternoon. I just did a simple applique of their emblem in the center of a large block and did simple turning twenty blocks around it. Will share the photos later...after I have it quilted. Holding thumbs it turns out fabulous to raise money for their fundraiser. Hope you all have a great week.... I plan to.

7 comments:

Micki said...

The quilts are lovely and you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Micki

Lauren The Artist said...

LOVE the pics on the frame. The look excellent.

Karan said...

Shame the weather spoilt theday at the games - hope it's much better next time out.
So enjoy seeing your fabulous quilts. Have to say the cancer quilt is my favourite, it's just so pretty (& I'm not a big fan of pink usually). :0)

playswithclay said...

Hi Colleen--Haven't heard from you in awhile. Drop me a line sometime.
Your favorite cousin-
Marylee

Tanya said...

Now don't catch cold! Your quilting is wonderful. What fun to work on all those lovely quilts!

UK lass in US said...

Wow, what beautiful quilts. I'm sorry that you got rained on. What a shame.

Libby said...

I've missed your posts . . . good to see that you've been out having lots of fun *s*