Music


Locations of Site Visitors
Life has definitely taken me to places I never thought I would go to....but nothing more exciting than where I am right now! Welcome to my world...


Monday, January 26, 2009

Some of my Favorite South African things.....



















Although it has been many months since I left South AFrica, I started thinking today of some of the things I miss at the moment...... the unusual sights.... firstly. I never knew what I would see...when out and about. The traffic queues behind the VERY SLOW trucks in traffic on the highways..... my favorite street vendors.... when I would walk out of Chippy's dry goods store. I did enjoy seeing the unusual things....they always made me smile. The traditinal clothing you sometimes saw on the ladies...for special occasions. I even miss the car guards

who "watched" my car..... and special friends..like my buddy Jean who helped in getting this wheel chair for an amputee living on the beach in East London. I still remember him popping a wheelee when we gave it to him. Some special times to remember. Today has been a day for nostalgia...and reflecting on good memories. Hope you all had some too.

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

I am glad that you have such great memories of our beautiful and diverse country, South Africa. Hugs from Desire

Libby said...

What an adventure you went on when you moved to South Africa . . . . now a lifetime of wonderful memories *s*

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that you have so many wonderful memories imprinted in your mind. The pictures can tell a million stories, I'm sure.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Those are fabulous pictures. I can relate to your post, I was telling my husband tonight that I really miss Alaska. Sometimes I want to go back, it's hard.

KC Quilter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I enjoy yours so much and really like hearing about your time in South Africa.

Ann said...

A co-worker spent Christmas in South Africa with his wife's family. Sounds like such an interesting and beautiful place!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing South Africa with us. What wonderful memories you have.

And thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I'm not sure how you found me, but I'm glad you did. You have a very interesting blog and I will definitely be back.

Blessings!